Kewaskum Youth Basketball, INC and
Fond du Lac Area Basketball League 4th Grade Rules
These are the Kewaskum
Youth Basketball and Fond du Lac Area Basketball League
rules for the fourth grade teams. The rules are set by both the
WIAA and the Fond du Lac Area Basketball League and are to be
obeyed in all games played by Kewaskum
WIAA rules will be followed with the following exceptions:
- 6 minute quarters will be played. Clock will stop on all whistles.
- 2 minute overtime. If no winner after overtime period 1 free throw will be shot by each of the 5 players for each team that were on the floor at the end of overtime. Alternating teams with visiting team shooting first .Best of 5 wins, repeat until there is a winner.
- Each team is allotted 3 time outs per game. Unused timeouts can not be carried over. 1 timeout allowed per overtime.
- The free-throw line will be 13 feet.
- Man to man defense must be played. No Pressing allowed.
- Double-teaming is allowed when the ball is in the lane or when a player is attacking the basket.
- Sagging or helping is allowed in the lane if the ball is on one side of the court and a defensive man’s person is on the other side of the court.
Example: a clear out for one player or if a team runs picks to one side of the court and sends players opposite as decoys. The defensive team must not be penalized for playing good man to man defense if the offensive team has players who are not involved in the offensive play.
- Bonus on 7th foul double bonus on 10th foul.
- Technical foul will result in 2 two points and possession for opposing team.
- No protests allowed. Referee’s decision in final.
- Head coach is allowed to stand unless instructed to sit by an official.
- In the last minute of the game after a dead ball situation, clock will not start until ball crosses half court.